Re: EMS PostgreSQL Manager vs. TheKompany DataArchitect

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: EMS PostgreSQL Manager vs. TheKompany DataArchitect
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I understand.
there was a issue with the pg_dump compression level defaulting to 0
which may have had some effect, or it may have been some other non
related network issue.  PGLA uses pg_dump.exe and pg_restorel.exe in the
exact same way PG Admin III does (via createprocesses API command) so
speed bewteen the two should be exactly the same.  If it takes 10
seconds in PG Admin, it's going to take 10 seconds on PGLA

You should download it again and give it another go :-)  I believe that
PGLA gives a much better user experience on the windows platform than
PGAdmin does.(I am biased of course:-)

Thanks,

Tony

Michael Schmidt wrote:

> Mr. Caduto,
> I downloaded the version from the website recently, so I think it was
> the newest version.  My database backs up in about 10 seconds with
> pgAdmin III.  When I tried to back it up with PG Lightning Admin, I
> got a sql wait cursor for a couple of minutes, at which point I closed
> the program.  I don't mean to criticize your product (which has some
> very nice features), just stating what happened.
>
> I agree - EMS PostgreSQL manager does not offer backups and restores
> via pg_dump and pg_restore.
>
> Michael Schmidt

Сообщение: Re: back references using regex
Сообщение: Re: back references using regex