Re: Continuing encoding fun....

От Marko Ristola
Тема Re: Continuing encoding fun....
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
There is one thing, that might be good for you to know:

I tried
wprintf("%s",char_text) and printf("%ls",wchar_text) methods.
They don't work with LATIN1 under Linux.

gcc does not support NON-ASCII multibyte conversions.
gcc gives that responsibility for library functions.

That is so even for GCC 4.0.

So, at least libiconv is a good way to handle the multibyte conversions
robustly under Linux. That works if and only if the libiconv library works.

libiconv is LGPL licensed.

Regards,
Marko Ristola