Re: Postgresql Hosting

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Postgresql Hosting
Дата
Re: Postgresql Hosting  (Randall Perry <rgp@systame.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 8/4/2005 10:28 PM, Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:
> I have asked my internet host to include postgresql as part of their
> service but it seems that there are issues in getting it to work with
> "cpanel" which is their support service for their clients. Is their a
> reason why Postgresql is harder to host than mysql? Is their any docs I
> can point the server admin to that would help him?
>
> If not what service providers are people recommending?

http://cwihosting.com/

Apache with Frontpage extensions (if you want them), PHP, PostgreSQL and
ssh access including crontab support. Having pl/pgsql added to template1
was done in no time. I only had to put a binary cvs executable there so
that I can develop somewhere else and deploy the changes via cvs update.

Jan