Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users

От Poul Møller Hansen
Тема Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> 10GB of RAM isn't that farfetched nowadays.
>
> However I/O might be a problem. A single drive can typically write/read
> about 10MB a second (64KB chunks random access - not sure if you'd want
> to bet on getting sequential throughput ;) ).
>
> Anyway, it'll be something interesting to see ;).
>
> Link.

The database server is started now with max_connections = 10000
and 100MB RAM is used

/dev/sda:
  Timing buffered disk reads:  162 MB in  3.04 seconds =  53.32 MB/sec

It is not that bad :)
Yes I know there should be more disk arms.

Now I'm curious to see how the many threads will be handled in Java ...

Poul

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL and XML support
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Shared disk storage