Re: Massive performance issues

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Massive performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Akshay Mathur wrote:

>Ron,
>
>Can you give me some pointers to make the tables RAM resident. If one
>does so, is the program accessing the data need to change. Does pgsql
>take care to write the data to disk?

PostgreSQL tried to intelligently cache information and then will also
use the OS disk cache as a secondary cache.  So a sufficiently small and
frequently accessed table will be resident in RAM.

The simplest way to affect this calculus is to put more RAM in the
machine.  There are hacks I can think of to create RAM caches of
specific tables, but I don't want to take responsibility for anyone
trying these and running into trouble.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY and LIMIT not propagated on inherited
От: Matteo Beccati
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY and LIMIT not propagated on inherited