Re: syslog message I do not understand

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: syslog message I do not understand
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Art Fore wrote:
> I am trying to start postgresql via webmin, but not having success. I
> get a message in the syslog "su:(to postgres) root on none"
>
> This is suse 9.3. Could someone tell what that message means?

It just means something is switching to user=postgres from user=root.
Nothing too unexpected.

> I was working until I added the -i to the postmaster.opts file so I
> could access it via pgadmin.

Ah - you want to edit postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf not
postmaster.opts - turn internet access on in the first, and set
authorisation rules for the connecting machine in the second.

HTH
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd