Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I just found out the databases on 8.0 where originally restored from a
7.4 server, so it seems I have never had the
lanvalidator function even while running on 8.0 for the last 10 months :-(

So how can I update my restored databases, i tried dropping the
language, but it wouldn't let me becasuse of dependent objects.

Thanks,

Tony

Are you using a database that was restored from an earlier version

>of PostgreSQL?  I wonder if you're not getting the lanvalidator
>function.  What's the result of the following query?
>
>SELECT lanname,
>       lanplcallfoid, lanplcallfoid::regprocedure,
>       lanvalidator, lanvalidator::regprocedure
>FROM pg_language;
>
>What happens if you create a fresh database and run "createlang
>plpgsql" in it, and then run your tests?

Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time
Сообщение: Re: 8.1 and syntax checking at create time