Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index

От Ben-Nes Yonatan
Тема Re: Planner create a slow plan without an available index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:19:05AM +0200, Ben-Nes Yonatan wrote:
>
>>>If the subtransaction writes at least a tuple, it counts as another
>>>transaction.  Else it doesn't count.
>>>

>>Oh crap I fear that now im in serious troubles....
>>Where can I read about this limitation? and beside that what if I count
>>the number of queries and every 900,000 or so I create a subtransaction
>>and continue my process with it, will that work or I'm just trying to be
>>a smart ass with the db?
>

> Um, 1 billion transactions is 1 thousand million. So 900,000
> inserts/updates are not even one tenth of one percent of the limit for
> one transaction.
>
> Are you really approaching a billion inserts/updates per transaction?
> That's alot of diskspace being used...
>
> Have a nice day,

No apprantly I just lack a decent sleep.... I think that ill stop ask
you guys questions before you will decide to get your clubs out... :P
In other words I was mistaken and thought about a million and not a
billion :)

With hopes that this is the end of my bugging :)
Thanks alot,
    Ben-Nes Yonatan