Re: Areca 1260 Performance

От Gene
Тема Re: Areca 1260 Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I'm building a SuperServer 6035B server (16 scsi drives). My schema has basically two large tables (million+ per day) each which are partitioned daily, and queried independently of each other. Would you recommend a raid1 system partition and 14 drives in a raid 10 or should i create separate partitions/tablespaces for the two large tables and indexes?

Thanks
Gene

On 12/7/06, Shane Ambler <pgsql@007marketing.com> wrote:

>> One thing that is clear from what you've posted thus far is that you
>> are going to needmore HDs if you want to have any chance of fully
>> utilizing your Areca HW.
> Do you know off hand where I might find a chassis that can fit 24[+]
> drives? The last chassis we ordered was through Supermicro, and the
> largest they carry fits 16 drives.

Chenbro has a 24 drive case - the largest I have seen. It fits the big
4/8 cpu boards as well.

http://www.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_01features.php?serno=43

--

Shane Ambler