Re: bytea or large objects?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: bytea or large objects?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I've just re-written our Whitebeam code to drop large-objects in favour
> of BYTEA fields.
>
> All the old problems of large objects in backups exist, but the killer
> for us was that none of the current replication systems, at least that I
> could find, would replicate large objects. This became a mandatory
> requirements for us.

Mammoth Replicator has always replicated Large Objects. The only
"backup" issue to large objects is that you have to pass a separate flag
and use the custom or tar format to dump them.

Bytea has its own issues mostly based around memory usage.

I am not saying you should or shouldn't switch as it really depends on
your needs but the information above just isn't quite accurate.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake