Re: 8.1 release notes

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 8.1 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I have compiled the 8.1 release notes and converted them to SGML at:
>
>  http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/release.html#RELEASE-8-1
>
>I still need to add markup and cleanup, but it is good enough for
>review and for beta1.  I will work on it more tomorrow.

A couple of (other) items I have been involved with that might deserve a
mention:

. pl/perl support for strict mode
. improved regression framework, - separate db names for separate suites
(standard regression, PL, contrib), loadable languages, standardised
framework for PLs.

(We're still working in strict mode but we'll get it fixed in the next
few days)

And I am not sure if this counts as a bug fix or a feature :-) :

. pl/perl logging of non-fatal warnings

cheers

andrew