Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>>I am thinking we should just call it constraint_exclusion.
>

> So, given the silence on this, I assume people think we should rename
> this before beta starts.

Well it depends either one seems correct per the postgresql.conf. For
example enable_seqscan, or "add"_missing_from_clause.

It seems that if the postgresql.conf parameter is actually causing a
different behavior we tend to note the behavior in the prefix (thus
enable/add) but that if it is more general we done (thus log_) .

I don't care either way but it seemed something to note before the
decision was made.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake