- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-performance

От jallgood@the-allgoods.net
Тема
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello All

I am getting this message in my log files for my database.

LOG: out of file descriptors: Too many open files; release and retry.

At some point the memomy didn't get released and the postmaster reset itself terminating all client connections. I am
notsure what direction to go. I can increase the file-max in the kernel but it looks reasonably sized already . Or
decreasethe max_file_per_process. Has anyone on the list encountered this issue. I am running Postgres 7.4.7.

Thanks

John Allgood