Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core
Дата
Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core  (Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>

>>I think you should take a closer look at PL/Java for the following reasons:
>

> Hmmm, this brings up a good point.   If we're going to consider PL/Ruby for
> main distro in 8.2, should we not consider PL/Java as well?

There is one strong reason other than that, I have zero objection to the
idea.

Most distributions of Linux (yes I know that there is more than Linux
out there) don't ship with Java. They ship with a wanna be, but couldn't
be in the next 2 years thing call Gcj.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake