Re: Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Missing functionality in ResultSetMetaData ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> On 9-Aug-05, at 7:35 PM, Kris Jurka wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, I have had nothing but silence from anything I've sent to Sun's
>>> JDBC group, I've given up on it now.
>>>

>> Perhaps we can make some use of Dave's Sun contacts from his CTS work?
>> Even if not it wouldn't be a bad idea to get all of the questions  we've
>> got for Sun into one place.  What else do we have other than the
>> getColumnDisplaySize() < 0 issue?
>>
> I'd be more than happy to, can we get all the questions in one place  so
> that we can
> ask them all at once.

Oops, forgot about this email.

Two things come to mind:

- is the driver required to do an implicit cast from VARCHAR to random
other types (e.g. setString() used against a smallint column); the spec
says nothing about this, and it's inconvenient for us to support, but
many people seem to expect it.

- is PreparedStatement.setObject(i,null) allowed? It's the only way to
sneak an untyped parameter in and seems like an oversight. If it's
allowed, what's the equivalent setNull() call that it corresponds to?

-O