Re: Version information in docs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Version information in docs
Дата
Re: Version information in docs  (Thomas F.O'Connell <tfo@sitening.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
"Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> ISTM it would be very useful if the docs specified what version a
> feature that would break in older versions was implemented in. The
> example that comes to mind is argument names in CREATE FUNCTION, which
> was added in 8.0. The 8.0 docs (http://lnk.nu/postgresql.org/1y3.html)
> mention the ability to name arguments, but it doesn't mention that the
> feature was added in 8.0 and can not be used in prior versions. Anyone
> who's trying to write code that will run on multiple versions of
> PostgreSQL would want to know this.

The release notes cover that; or you can compare the docs for the oldest
and newest versions you want to work with.  I think it would be more
confusing than helpful for the reference pages to try to cover all the
changes from version to version.

Сообщение: Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE
Сообщение: Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE