Re: Tablespaces

От gargoyle60
Тема Re: Tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:58:26 +0200, s25291930@tuks.co.za ("CJ Combrink") wrote:

>Hi,
>
>If I create a Database on a specified tablespace, will the tables etc
>be placed in the same tablespace or do I need to specify it for each
>creation.
>
>I can set the default tablespace in the config file but that will be
>for all databases. I want to have different databases on different
>tablespaces.
>
>Using PostgreSQL 8.4 on Ubuntu 10.04
>
>Thank you,
>Carel

When using the CREATE TABLE statement, you can specify the TABLESPACE you want the table to reside
in. Other objects may depend on the table and/or tablespace and database organisation. There are
also other ways of targeting tables to a specifc tablespace - see the documentation files that
(should) get installed when you install PostgreSQL.

Gary