Re: Installing PGSQL

От T.J. Adami
Тема Re: Installing PGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22 jan, 22:46, jalqa...@gmail.com ("Jamiil Abduqadir") wrote:
> I am trying to install PosgreSQL using postgresql-8.3-dev1 on my WindowsXP
> machine, but I get a message that reads
>
> Fail to create a temporary directory
>
> Does anyone know why I am getting this error message?
>
> Thank in advance
> --
> Happiness has many doors, and when one of them closes another opens, yet we
> spent so much time looking at the one that is shut that we don't  see the
> one that just  opened.

It seems to be a windows error, maybe in your temporary path.

1) Verify your TMP and TEMP environment variables (values must
reference valid directory entries);
2) Is there sufficient disk space for extract files from the
PostgreSQL package into TMP and TEMP path reference on the environment
vars?
3) Also check out your user settings. For installation, you must log
in with an administrative role (in Windows).