Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 11/8/16 12:45 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Per some discussions with a number of different people at pgconfeu, here
>> is a patch that changes the default mode of pg_basebackup to be
>> streaming the wal, as this is what most users would want -- and those
>> that don't want it have to make other changes as well. Doing the "most
>> safe" thing by default is a good idea.
>>
>> The new option "-x none" is provided to turn this off and get the
>> previous behavior back.
>
> I would have expected that the "stream" method would become the default.
>  Just a short while ago it was proposed to remove the "fetch" method
> altogether, and it was only kept because of some niche use cases.  I
> don't think "fetch" is the most safe method, because it requires
> wal_keep_segments to be configured.

IMO, if you are using fetch just using archive_command. Let's rip it out
of pg_basebackup or at least deprecate it.

jD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Make pg_basebackup -x stream the default