Re: Change to PostgreSQL

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Change to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/about/
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html
http://www.postgresql.org/download/
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/npgsql/projdisplay.php

> 2) Is there a good graphical database designer for PostgreSQL wich also
> suppors online database synchronization?

Not sure what you mean here. There are a number of graphical clients.
Were you looking for a schema-designer?

> 3) Easy of management and robust so it needs almost zero administration
> (applications suited for non technical users)

Depends how you set it up. End-users shouldn't need to do anything.

> 4) Light enough so it can be used on applications installed in a single
> PC.

Depends on the database and the PC. I regularly demonstrate/train on
systems built using PG/PHP using an old iBook laptop. Handles about a
dozen users OK, not tried more.

Be aware that most PC disk systems lie about flushing data to disk, so
PG can't offer the same guarantee on data integrity that it can with
SCSI disk systems.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd