Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0

От Matthew Schumacher
Тема Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
John A Meinel wrote:

> Surely this isn't what you have. You have *no* loop here, and you have
> stuff like:
>   AND
>     (bayes_token_tmp) NOT IN (SELECT token FROM bayes_token);
>
> I'm guessing this isn't your last version of the function.
>
> As far as putting the CREATE TEMP TABLE inside the function, I think the
> problem is that the first time it runs, it compiles the function, and
> when it gets to the UPDATE/INSERT with the temporary table name, at
> compile time it hard-codes that table id.
>
> I tried getting around it by using "EXECUTE" which worked, but it made
> the function horribly slow. So I don't recommend it.
>
> Anyway, if you want us to evaluate it, you really need to send us the
> real final function.
>
> John
> =:->

It is the final function.  It doesn't need a loop because of the
bayes_token_tmp function I added.  The array is passed to it and it
returns a record set so I can work off of it like it's a table.  So the
function works the same way it before, but instead of using SELECT
intoken from TEMPTABLE, you use SELECT bayes_token_tmp from
bayes_token_tmp(intokenary).

I think this is more efficient than the create table overhead,
especially because the incoming record set won't be to big.

Thanks,

schu

Сообщение: Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0
Сообщение: Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0