Re: openbsd, plpython, missing threading symbols

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: openbsd, plpython, missing threading symbols
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>>The alternative is to say that plpython isn't supported on BSDen unless
>>>you choose to build an unthreaded libpython.
>

>>I'm OK with that, but if that's what's done I think we should check for
>>it up front at configure time and not let it fail at run time like we do
>>now.
>

> If you can create a suitable configure test, it'd be fine with me.

Not sure if it is of any help but mod_python seems to be using this
configure.in snippet to detect (and reject) a threaded python installation:

# check if python is compiled with threads
AC_MSG_CHECKING(whether Python is compiled with thread support)
PyTHREADS=`$PYTHON_BIN -c "import sys; print \"thread\" in
sys.builtin_module_names"`
if test "$PyTHREADS" = "1"; then AC_MSG_RESULT(yes) echo echo "  ****** WARNING ******" echo "  Python is compiled with
threadsupport. Apache 1.3 does not

use threads." echo "  On some systems this will cause problems during compilation,
on others " echo "  it may result in unpredictable behaviour of your Apache
server. Yet on" echo "  others it will work just fine. The recommended approach is to
compile" echo "  Python without thread support in a separate location and
specify it with" echo "  --with-python option to this ./configure script." echo
else AC_MSG_RESULT([no threads, good])
fi

Stefan