Re: #escape_string_warning = off

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: #escape_string_warning = off
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Jeff Davis wrote:
>

>>Does the SQL standard provide no way to have a NULL character in a
>>string constant? Is single-quote the only special character?
>

> I don't think it forbids you from using the null character. It's not like
> the strings are zero terminated. Some encodings might not allow the null
> character, but that's different.

But doesn't PostgreSQL forbid us from using the NULL character in a
query at all? Don't we always have to escape or encode it in some way?
Does this new attempt at standard-compliant strings allow PostgreSQL to
accept a null character in a string?

> ps. null character does not have anything to do with the sql NULL. I'm
> sure there is someone somewhere that need this info.

Yeah, I was talking about '\0'.

Regards,Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: #escape_string_warning = off
Сообщение: Re: #escape_string_warning = off