Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0

От Matthew Schumacher
Тема Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin 3.1.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gavin Sherry wrote:

> I had a look at your data -- thanks.
>
> I have a question though: put_token() is invoked 120596 times in your
> benchmark... for 616 messages. That's nearly 200 queries (not even
> counting the 1-8 (??) inside the function itself) per message. Something
> doesn't seem right there....
>
> Gavin

I am pretty sure that's right because it is doing word statistics on
email messages.

I need to spend some time studying the code, I just haven't found time yet.

Would it be safe to say that there isn't any glaring performance
penalties other than the sheer volume of queries?

Thanks,

schu