Re: Zombie processes

От Peterson, Bjorn
Тема Re: Zombie processes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard-
The prepare/execute problem would make sense to me, except that all of the
parameters in the query are integers and are being appended to the actual
query string (for various reasons) prior to calling prepareStatement()
rather than being set as parameters.  The planner should have everything
right from the start.  Does this seem to you to be a java caveat, or is it
an area where the query planner could be improved?

Thanks-
Bjorn

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Peterson, Bjorn
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:25 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Zombie processes

My coworkers and I studied the EXPLAIN and EXPLAIN ANALYZE output for this
query and determined that the query planner seemed to be causing problems
with this query.  By calling "set enable_nestloop = off" before executing
our query we were able to get the execution time down to under 2 minutes,
which is acceptable for our purposes.

Thanks for your response-
Bjorn