Troubles with PL/Perl in PgSQL

От Vladimir D Belousov
Тема Troubles with PL/Perl in PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hallo!

I'm new in PgSQL and I try to migrate from InterBase (Firebird) to PgSQL.

I have a trouble with call ANY plperl function.
I have the very simple function:
---------------------

CREATE FUNCTION myint(integer) RETURNS integer AS $$
  my $result = $_[0];
  return $result;
$$ LANGUAGE plperl;
---------------------

And when I try to call this function, I got the error:
---------------------
$ psql test

     \h for help with SQL commands
     \? for help with psql commands
     \q to quit

test=# select * from myint(5);
      before or while processing the request.
!>
 From the /var/log/messages
Jul 27 18:17:24 ibserver postgres[57180]: [5-1] FATAL:  the database
system is in recovery mode

I use FreeBSD 5.4 with PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
PgSQL was builded from sources with --with-perl option. Other options
have defaults values.

Thanks for any replies!