Re: Problems displaying data from Query Tool and

От Steve Martin
Тема Re: Problems displaying data from Query Tool and
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
type="cite"><prewrap="">-----Original Message-----

From: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org">pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org</a>

[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org">mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org</a>]On Behalf Of

Steve Martin
Sent: 25 July 2005 22:33
To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:pgadmin-support@postgresql.org">pgadmin-support@postgresql.org</a>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Problems displaying data from
Query Tool and

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply, I also suspected that it has something
to do with
the threading.

I have compiled PostgreSQL with --enable-thread-safety
set and confirmed from the config.log that this option is set:
   :   :It was created by PostgreSQL configure 8.0.3, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.53.  Invocation command line was
 $ ./configure --with-openssl --with-pam --enable-thread-safety
--enable-debug

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = xxxxx
uname -m = sun4u
uname -r = 5.9
uname -s = SunOS
uname -v = Generic_112233-07   :   :
configure:18926: checking thread safety of required library functions
configure:18951: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -g  -pthreads   -pthreads
-D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DIN_CONFIGURE
-I/usr/local/ssl/include    conftest.c -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lz
-lreadline -ltermcap -lrt -lresolv -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -lm
-lpthread      -lpthread    >&5
configure:18954: $? = 0
configure:18956: ./conftest
Your errno is thread-safe.
Your system uses strerror() which is thread-safe.
Your system has getpwuid_r();  it does not need getpwuid().
Your system has getaddrinfo();  it does not need gethostbyname() or gethostbyname_r().

Your platform is thread-safe.
configure:18959: $? = 0
configure:18961: result: yes
configure:19112: creating ./config.status   :   :

I then re-made pgadmin, unfortunately, I still have the same
problems but I
suspect it has improved slightly.  When using the Query
window, I now get
results more often than I did, but it still often fails.
Using the View
button
still results in 100% failure.

I am using gdb to try and understand how this process works
but I can only
spend a short time at work looking at this problem.  I have
no such problem
on my Linux (Fedora core 3) machine at home.
Hmm, you might also try increasing pgAdmin's debug level. I can remember
how much logging is done by the query tools, but it might help. Look
under File -> Options.

Regards, Dave.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
butthere is no data received,  I have confirmed that it is being sent.  I now <br /> understand some of the code and
willmodify to get more information on what is<br /> happening.   I am not a expert in threads, therefore it looks like
     \\|//             From near to far,               @ @              from here to there,       ---oOOo-(_)-oOOo---
  funny things are everywhere.  (Dr. Seuss)

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx  Steve Martin < <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:smartin@wlg.nec.co.nz">smartin@wlg.nec.co.nz</a> >  Cell 029-381 6291
SnailMail   Development, Telecom Unit, NEC New Zealand Ltd.,               PO Box 1936, Wellington, New Zealand.
Voice:+64-4-381 1111  Fax: +64-4-381 6262  DDI +64-4-381 6291  NEC NZ web site: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.nec.co.nz">http://www.nec.co.nz</a>
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx
</pre><br />