Please help: Running Win2k with CP1252 codepage

От Josef Springer
Тема Please help: Running Win2k with CP1252 codepage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi anybody,

i a running PostgreSQL on Win2k and use PostgreSQL in my application via an ODBC bridge.
In my aplication i create a database with default (SQL-ASCII) encoding, strings containing vovels can be saved, but not read correctly.
I have created a database with WIN1250, WIN and UNICODE encoding, but stored strings with vovels are not read correctly.
I have used SET client_encoding TO WIN1250, WIN and UNICODE, but same effect.
I have combined the database encoding with all client encodings, but nothing works.
My application must work with encodin CP1252 !
Because i am using an ODBC bridge, i do not know wether SET client_encoding TO works correctly ?
What encoding is to be used on client and server(database) for a CP1252 encoding ?

Thanks for help,
Josef