Re: work in progress: timestamp patch

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: work in progress: timestamp patch
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> I've been messing with it a bit myself, and noticed that
> TimeStampUtils.toString used the timezone of the incoming
> timestamp, not the calendar. So the call to appendTimeZone, passes in
> the timestamp, not the new calendar.

Yeah, looking at the stringizing TimestampUtils code is my next step.
I've just overhauled the parsing side of things to correctly use passed
Calendars (for getTimestamp() and friends)

> Also I've added functionality to track the servers's timezone so that
> stmt.execute("set timezone='newtimezone'") allows you to
> programatically set the server timezone to UTC. Which would be
> necessary to get Christian's problem to work even using Oid.INVALID  ( I
> think )

I don't think it's necessary to track the server timezone at all..
what's the case where this goes wrong?

I'll send you an updated version of my patch offlist (it's changing
fairly fast at the moment so I'll avoid spamming the list with every
revision)

-O

Сообщение: Re: work in progress: timestamp patch
Сообщение: Re: work in progress: timestamp patch