Re: Timestamp Summary

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Timestamp Summary
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Christian Cryder wrote:
> I just wanted to take a few moments and summarize where we are in our
> Timestamp woes issue. I'm also going to post a piece of code that
> illustrates some of the problems we've experienced, and then try and
> explain the conclusions we've arrived at. Hopefully this well help
> others in the future.

Why is another thread on this necessary?

Did you try the patch I sent you off-list?

>         if (tz.useDaylightTime()) {
>             stmt.execute("set timezone='"+tz.getID().toLowerCase()+"'");
>         } else {
>             stmt.execute("set timezone='etc/gmt"+(roff<=0 ? "+" :
> "")+(roff/-3600000)+"'");
>         }

I have real problems with fiddling with the server timezone as discussed
in the other thread, and I'd rather not see this patch applied. It makes
a heck of a lot of assumptions about how Java/server timezones match up,
and we have other options (namely using Unknown parameter types) that
seem better.

-O