Re: Bad locking with MS-Access

От Andreas
Тема Re: Bad locking with MS-Access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ets ROLLAND schrieb:

> For all the data created BEFORE the transfert to PostgreSQL, all works
> fine.
> For the records created SINCE this transfert, it is impossible to
> modify or delete these records !?
> MS-Access say that "The record is acceded by an other user", even I am
> the only user.

As Richard wrote in his mail, do set row versioning in the ODBC setup.
Have a primary key in every table and a timestamp.
Be careful not to use to big data types in PG that aren't supportet by
Access.

Use   timestamp(0)   to get timestamps compatible to Access' DateTime
values.
Use   serial or serial4   to create auto-values.   Don't use any
bigint-types like bigserial. Access doesn't like 8-byte-ints. Keep in
mind that Access' autovalues are signed, so they'll roll over at about 2
billion.