Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?

От Ropel
Тема Re: Could not convert UTF-8 character to ISO8859-1?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
As far as I know, UTF-8 is the standard encoding used by MSSQL.
ISO8859-1 is LATIN1, so the system is trying to convert (as the error message says) from utf-8 (SqlServer) to ISO8859-1 ( LATIN1 ).

So I think you have to search on the MSSQL side, not PostgreSql...

You can also use UNICODE encoding on postgres, creating your DB with   CREATE DATABASE mydb ENCODING='UNICODE';

Hope this will give you some hints to solve the problem

Regards,
Roberto

Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
I am trying to copy data from a MSSQL srv to PGSQL srv 8 using Delphi under Windows... But
I just keep getting this error... Why? (My PGSQL server is using LATIN1)
And how do I get around this?

BTW; I see in the log for my PGSQL server that someone is setting Client encoding to
UTF-8, but I am not... Is this some default setting in pgodbc or? I can't find any place
to change this value....

Regards,

BTJ