Re: setting up

От Ropel
Тема Re: setting up
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't know, OS x; on linux the local directory is  /usr/local/pgsql/data for 8.0 version, and used to be /var/lib/pgsql/data on older versions for linux redhat.

You should have the default superuser account postgres and the database template1 (don't change it, just login and create you own one)
I.E: psql template1 postgres    and, once logged,  create database myowndb;
Then you can use  psql myowndb postgres tp log on and start your adventure...

Hope this helps. bye

Roberto

eoghan wrote:
Hi
Im new to postgres and I have just installed version 8.0.3. I used  darwinports on os x (10.4.2)... Having looked in the manual to start  the server:
$ postmaster -D /pgsql/data
Im not sure where i can find this data folder.... I have searched but  dont seem to have one...
Also, are there default accounts created and database as with mysql  root and test db?
Thanks
Eoghan

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq