Re: [HACKERS] Enticing interns to PostgreSQL

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Enticing interns to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>>Also, there's a PostgreSQL project that I'm planning on working on (not
>>even much work left, really), so I'll see if the professor shows any
>>interest in my project.
>

> Well, since the typical belief is that MySQL is a good choice for
> things, http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html is probably a good start.

That's always a great resource. I would be very disappointed, however,
if a university professor was using MySQL to teach about relational theory.

I'll try to passively raise PostgreSQL awareness when appropriate.
Hopefully the professor might take an interest in my project and maybe
PostgreSQL will gain awareness among the faculty.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis