Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:
> Thinking some more....
>
> It would appear that the setTimestamp is intended to do one or the
> other, but not both.
>
> either you have timezone information or you don't. I think this
> effectively revokes your license to
> interpret the spec as you suggested below.
>
> Further the JDBCCTS doesn't take have any facility for both  scenarios,
> you can choose the timestamp
> type that you want it to pass with (assuming you have a choice).

Ok, so this sounds like JDBC doesn't distinguish with-timezone and
without-timezone at all so trying to base the semantics on the spec is
hopeless; we should just pick something that's sensible and do that.

I still think my suggestion of using the two setTimestamp methods to
support the two types makes sense -- but I'm out of time to deal with
this, sorry.

-O

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux