duplicate key violates unique constraint.

От Michael Guerin
Тема duplicate key violates unique constraint.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

   Sorry for the lack of info, but I wanted to get a post out there
while I start to figure out my problem since this is a production database.

We're starting to get a number of complaints about "duplicate key
violations" on a index for one of the toast tables.  It started
happening after our server was brought down over the weekend, so I
suspect postgresql wasn't shutdown properly.  Below is the description
of the index.

I'm doing a re-index on the user table that is associated with the toast
table, is this the right thing to do?  Is there something else I should do?

# \d pg_toast.pg_toast_1916266943_index
Index "pg_toast.pg_toast_1916266943_index"
  Column   |  Type
 chunk_id  | oid
 chunk_seq | integer
primary key, btree, for table "pg_toast.pg_toast_1916266943"

# select version();
                                version
 PostgreSQL 8.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.2

Thanks
michael