Re: Changes improve the performance of INSERT and UPDATE

От Hiroki Kataoka
Тема Re: Changes improve the performance of INSERT and UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>>This small patch improves the performance of INSERT and UPDATE.  By my
>>machine, these changes raised the performance about 5%~10% in pgbench.
>
> BTW, in profiling the backend I've never seen PageAddItem take more than
> about 1% of the runtime, and in pgbench in particular it seems to be
> down around 0.1% ... so the above seems a bit optimistic ...

I have the nearly same result, but pgbench says different.  I don't know
why my test generates 5~10% performance improvement.  Therefore, I want
to take a benchmark in a reliable environment.

By reference, PageAddItem takes 4%~5% of the runtime in the heavy
writing operation likes CREATE TABLE AS SELECT.

--
Hiroki Kataoka <kataoka@interwiz.jp>