Re: Stopping Postgres

От David Mitchell
Тема Re: Stopping Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm using PG 8.0.1 on Gentoo Linux (kernel 2.6.10 SMP) on Pentium 4 w/ HT.

I run the following as root:

su postgres -c "pg_ctl stop -D /var/lib/postgresql/data -m fast"

Or with -m immediate. Some of the backends stop but others never
shutdown. Even if I do a killall postmaster (just with sigterm, not -9),
these backends hang around. The backends are currently executing queries
but the queries stop running at this point.

I'm not starting the server with pg_ctl, I run postmaster by hand.
Perhaps there is something in my init script that is to blame.

Cheers
David

--
David Mitchell