Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>further (anecdotal) data point: I have usually seen this after doing a
>>number of builds. Rebooting seems to cure the problem (and that's
>>happened today agin - I have just seen 2 builds work). Maybe some sort
>>of strange shmem corruption?
>>

>Hmmm ... that still doesn't make any sense, given that the test is
>being run on a freshly started postmaster.  Unless it's a hardware
>problem?  Have you seen this on more than one machine?

No :-( But I find it hard to believe that a hardware failure would lead
to this precise error repeatedly. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

ON a related note, we need more Windows boxes on the buildfarm - ideally
living in a data center somewhere so we can automate builds, rather than
relying on my laptop and Jim's Windows box which seems to build
intermittently.

cheers

andrew