Re: Possible to use a table to tell what table to select from?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Possible to use a table to tell what table to select from?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Frank Hagstrom wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've been thinking on a potential problem I might get in a distant
> future, but once I started thinking on it I just as well had to
> check...
>
> Is it possible to have say ~ 6 tables, where the first one is a
> 'reference' to all the others (they all are with the same structure).
> The other 5 or so have information stored in importance/access/age,
> where one table will be only recent/important things, the other with a
> bit lower priority and so on until the last table that can be really
> huge and slow and used more like a storage ... Is it possible to write
> an SQL query to let the first table figure out what table one will do
> the actual select from?

If the tables are all holding the same sort of thing, e.g. logs2003,
logs2004, logs2005 etc. then you might want to look at partitioning.
This is being looked at for the next version, check the archives of the
hackers list.

--  Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: