Re: [SQL] dynamically loaded functions

От TJ O'Donnell
Тема Re: [SQL] dynamically loaded functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general

 > It sounds like you need to link gnova.so against the other shared
 > objects so the runtime linker can find them.  For examples, see the
 > Makefiles used by contributed modules like dblink, xml2, and a few
 > others that link against external libraries.

That approach is working, but only after much troubles.
I have several 3rd party libraries, some of which call each other.
It appears I need to carefully order the libraries in the
link step, or some needed functions do not get included in the
final .so.

This problem used to crop up all the time way back 20 years ago
with linkers.  I thought all this name resolution stuff was all worked
out with modern linkers.  I'm "linking" with (linux redhat)
  gcc -shared -o my.so my.o my2.o their.a their2.a their3.a
When function x() in their2.a calls something in their.a
  (or is it the other way around?)
I get an error from postmaster that my.so cannot be loaded because
function x cannot be found.
If I reverse their.a their2.a in the link command, all is well.
Note: I never use, nor even knew about the exitence of function x() - "they" do.

Any help on how to make this more pain-free?

TJ