Re: out of memory error on a delete command

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: out of memory error on a delete command
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

>> is just the driver reporting a server-side error, so it's the  server
>> that's run out of memory in this case.
>

> If this is the case, I wonder if we can be more verbose about the
> message. Seems we can't see the forest for the trees here.

Well, we're just propagating whatever the server tells us so if you want
a better message there it needs to be changed in the backend. We do
exactly the same for all backend errors, it's just that usually it's a
more obvious message along the lines of "ERROR: syntax error near ..."
or similar.

We could add some sort of "Error reported by backend:" prefix, I
suppose, but I'm not sure if that's really useful in most cases since
most errors are self-explanatory.

Kris has suggested adding more fields from the backend's error to the
default exception message, e.g. the DETAIL field. I'm not sure if that
would add anything in this particular case though.

-O

Сообщение: Re: out of memory error on a delete command
Сообщение: Re: out of memory error on a delete command