Re: CreateTable --> schema not found

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: CreateTable --> schema not found
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josef Springer wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> sorry, i am a PostgesSQL beginner:
>
>     * I  started the pgadmin tool as superuser.
>     * Created the database /OfficeTalk/
>     * Created the schema /OfficeTalk/ with same permissions as the template
>       /pg_template_1/

Are you sure pg_template_1 isn't a database?

>     * If i create the table /OfficeTalk.absent/ .... >>> * schema not found*
>     * Creating the same table in schema /pg_template_1/ works fine.

If not, I'd suspect quoting issues. Fire up psql and do a \dn to see
what schemas are actually in your database - if they were quoted when
they were created they'll maintain their case, otherwise they'll be
lower-case.

Once you create something with mixed-case you'll always need to
reference it quoted, e.g.

CREATE TABLE "OfficeTalk".absent (
  a int4,
);