Re: Migrating a Microsoft-SQL database to Postgres

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Migrating a Microsoft-SQL database to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josef Springer wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> i want to migrate a MS-SQL database to postgres. I have a SQL-script for the
> tables (definitions, indices a.s.o.), created by the MS-Enterprise-Manager. How
> can i create a postgres database with this script. Does a tool exist for reading
> such a script ?

You probably want to give the manuals a quick scan before starting anything.
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

Details on client applications are in the section: Reference / Client
Applications
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/reference-client.html

In particular, I'd recommend exploring the item on psql.
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-psql.html

Don't forget that you will almost certainly have to tweak the script
before importing it.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd