Re: Slow planning, fast execution for particular 3-table query

От David Wheeler
Тема Re: Slow planning, fast execution for particular 3-table query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Is default_statistics_target set above default 100? I would assume that would reflect in the size of pg_statistic, but wanted to ask since increasing that from 100 to 1000 was the only time I have seen planning time explode. Are other queries slow to plan?

Looks like you’ve found it! Someone has set the target to 10k so that’s going to wildly increase planning time.

Thanks for your help! And thanks to the others who chipped in along the way 😊

Regards,

David