Re: getting back autonumber just inserted

От mail TechEvolution
Тема Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
hi Alvaro Herrera

>> You use the currval() function, using the name of the involved sequence
>> as parameter.  There is a pg_get_serial_sequence() function, to which
>> you give the table name and column name

thx for the information

and is there a function i can use to get the last added autonumber without knowing wich table or row? (exactly as
select@@ IDENTITY does?) i have read in the messages that there must be such a function for version 8.0, but i could
notfind it in the documentation, any idea on it?

greetZ

wes

Alvaro Herrera schreef:

>On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 07:50:16PM +0200, mail TechEvolution wrote:
>

>>hello
>>
>>i ame a newbie to PostGreSQL, I ame using PostGreSQL 8.0
>>(windowsinstaller) on a xp prof platform
>>
>>i would like to get back the autonumber from the last record inserted,
>>for other SQL db (m$ sql db ...) i could use:
>>SELECT @@ IDENTITY
>>
>>can someone help me by informing me what the SQL syntax is to be used
>>with PostGreSQL db and get the same result, the last autonumber inserted?
>>

>You use the currval() function, using the name of the involved sequence
>as parameter.  There is a pg_get_serial_sequence() function, to which
>you give the table name and column name, and it will give you the
>sequence name.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Сообщение: Re: getting back autonumber just inserted