Re: Checkpoint cost, looks like it is WAL/CRC

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Checkpoint cost, looks like it is WAL/CRC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>Just to make my position perfectly clear: I don't want to see this
>>option shipped in 8.1.  It's reasonable to have it in there for now
>>as an aid to our performance investigations, but I don't see that it
>>has any value for production.
>

> Well, this is the first I am hearing that, and of course your position
> is just one vote.

True but your "feature" was added after feature freeze ;). I don't see
this as a good thing overall. We should be looking for a solution not a
band-aid that if you tear it off will pull the skin.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint cost, looks like it is WAL/CRC
Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint cost, looks like it is WAL/CRC