Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"

От Maik Wiege
Тема Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Ok, some digging in pgAdmin's svn web interface seems to indicate that
> pgadmin is not actually doing anything special here -- it does the full
> query via libpq's PQexec(), retrieving all the tuples (and hence can
> count them) but only does the work to construct a user interface
> displaying them all after that "lots of rows, retrieve anyway?" dialog
> has been answered.
>
> You could check this by looking at pgadmin's memory footprint while
> retrieving a big resultset.
Thank you for your answers! Yes, this explains it, it is realy using
much memory. But what can I do about my problem? Isn't this a very
common problem? Can't imagine any user querying a database and does not
want to be informed how many results he got...

Thanks for any help
   Maik

От: Oliver Jowett
Сообщение: Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"
От: Oliver Jowett
Сообщение: Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"