Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Maik Wiege wrote:
>
>>I didn't find a solution for this, but there must be, because the pgAdmin III - tool does this. After starting the
queryin the SQL-Dialog it asks wether to retrieve just the first 100 results or all results displaying the corect
amountof found rows. Or is this just not possible with jdbc.

> I'd point out that this does not require knowing exactly how many rows
> there are -- only that there are more than 100. You can do the
> equivalent in JDBC easily by setting fetchsize to 100 or so and calling
> next() 100 times.. if you haven't hit the end of the resultset by that
> point, it has more than 100 rows.

Oh, sorry, my mistake -- I misread your description. Perhaps they are
using either COUNT(*) in the same query or MOVE to get the number of rows.

-O

Сообщение: Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"
Сообщение: Re: get row count from a "cursor resultset"