Re: double entries into database when using IE

От D A GERM
Тема Re: double entries into database when using IE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you all.

I changed the type to button and added the onClick="return(myFunction())".

I did some tests this morning and the double posts seem to stop.

The duplicate entries were a thousandth to a ten thousandth off in the
time stamp, but now there's only the one entry as should be.

Thank you again.

David Gagnon wrote:

> SCassidy@overlandstorage.com wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>If a web page has  JavaScript called on a submit button, like
>>'onClick="someFunction();", and the function does some stuff, then does a
>>form.submit(), and DOES NOT REMEMBER TO RETURN FALSE, then the browser is
>>supposed to go ahead and submit the form.  So, something like that could
>>possibly happen, but only if the JavaScript is incorrectly written, as far
>>as I know.   Although, once a submit is done, it would be a gray area as to
>>whether the form data would still be available for the second submit.
>>

> I think this thread discuss the problem .. like they say I started
> having the problem with some version of IE6 but not IE5.
> http://forums.devshed.com/showthread.php?t=50160&page=1&pp=15
> http://www.tfug.org/pipermail/tfug/2004-October/007785.html
>
> They don't give the answer but when they talk
>
> here is what it might be:
>
> <input class="input" type="submit " name="Submit" value="Submit"
> onClick="javascript:submitit();">
>
> if you use javascript to submit the form
>
> do not use a button type of submit.........it will submit twice
>
> correct code
>
> <input class="input" type="button " name="Submit" value="Submit"
> onClick="javascript:submitit();">
>
> Like SCassidy said .. maybe returing FALSE will solve the problem ..
> but I remember having tried this without success...
>
> It's all what I know :-)
>

>>I use JavaScript in forms all the time to interact with a PostgreSQL
>>database, and don't have any issues like this with debugged code, using
>>IE6.
>>
>>Susan
>>

>>                           David Gagnon

>>                      <dgagnon@siunik.com>           To:       D A GERM <dgerm@shepherd.edu>

>>                           Sent by:                  cc:       Postgresql-General <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>

>>                                                     Subject:  Re: [GENERAL] double entries into database when using
IE

--
D. Aaron Germ
Scarborough Library, Shepherd University

"Well then what am I supposed to do with all my creative ideas- take a bath and wash myself with them? 'Cause that is
whatsoap is for" (Peter, Family Guy)